What is a hard reset?
A hard reset restores a Knocki device to its original factory settings. This process will delete all previous WiFi information from the device. Once the hard reset has been performed, the device will blink orange for several minutes. The blinking orange is an indication that Knocki is ready to connect to a new WiFi network.
Hard Reset Instructions:
The process for performing a hard reset depends on the firmware version installed on your device. Here are instructions to check your device's firmware version.
After you've determined the firmware version, go here to check that version's release date.
If the release date of your device's firmware was released after May 25th, 2023:
To perform a hard reset on a Knocki device, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the Knocki device.
2. Turn on the Knocki device, and wait for the light to blink white one time.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 an additional four times.
4. Your Knocki device should start blinking orange to indicate it has been hard reset.
If your device's firmware was released prior to June 1st, 2023.
The process for performing a hard reset depends on the firmware installed on your Knocki device. For firmware
In order to perform a hard reset, follow the steps below:
- Place Knocki on a rigid and stable surface (the surface should not be wobbly).
- Verify that Knocki is powered on and is NOT blinking orange.
- Perform the following tap pattern: 2 taps + 7 taps + 5 taps
- Wait for the device to start blinking orange which confirms the hard reset is complete.
- If the device does not start blinking orange, try again, tapping as close as possible to the pace in the video shown below. This process is a bit finicky, so it may take a few attempts.