What is a hard reset?
A hard reset forces the Knocki device to enter provisioning mode (flashing orange) so that it can be connected to a WiFi network.
When is a hard reset useful?
If Knocki is "stuck" during the connection process and continuously blinking white, a hard reset may be an effective way to force the device into provisioning mode so that you can restart the connection process.
A hard reset can also be useful if you are transferring the device to a new owner so that it "forgets" any stored wifi networks.
How do I perform a hard reset?
In order to perform a hard reset, follow the steps below:
- Place Knocki on a rigid and stable surface (the surface should not be wobbly).
- Verify that Knocki is powered on and is NOT blinking orange.
- Perform the following tap pattern: 2 taps + 7 taps + 5 taps
- Wait for the device to start blinking orange which confirms the hard reset is complete.
- If the device does not start blinking orange, try again, tapping as close as possible to the pace in the video shown below. This process is a bit finicky, so it may take a few attempts.