Knocki is powered by four AAA batteries which provide 5-6 months of battery life with typical usage.
If you are experiencing shorter battery life, there are several potential causes:
- Weak WiFi Signal: If the Knocki device is connected to a weak WiFi signal, it can reduce battery life. Weak WiFi signals can be caused if Knocki is on the edge of the WiFi signal's range. In some cases, the weak signal can be caused by stone or metal barriers between Knocki and the router.
- Intermittent WiFi Signal: If the Knocki device is connected to a WiFi signal that occasionally cuts out or becomes available, Knocki will consume additional battery power as it "searches" for the signal.
- Turbo Mode: By default, Knocki's WiFi radio "sleeps" until a tap gesture wakes it up. In turbo mode, the WiFi radio remains on continuously, which consumes battery power at a faster rate. For this reason, it is recommended to only use Turbo Mode sparingly. If you choose to leave turbo mode on indefinitely, rechargeable batteries are recommended.
- Battery Quality: We recommend using quality alkaline batteries by reputable brands including Energizer, Duracell, and Rayovac. For rechargeable batteries, we highly recommend Panasonic's Eneloop batteries. Off-brand batteries and "heavy-duty" batteries are not recommended.
- Surface Activity: Surfaces with continuous vibration, such as desks or restaurant tables, will wake up Knocki's sensor continuously. These active surfaces can reduce battery life.
Please sign in to leave a comment.